There's a new steak in town – and, surprisingly, it's made from cauliflower. Here we cut the cruciferous veggie into thick steaks, coat it with spices then roast it 'til golden for maximum caramelization! And then obviously, garnish with microgreens!
PREP TIME 25 min
COOK TIME 30 min
DURATION 55 min
- 2 large heads cauliflower (25 to 30 oz each)
- 3 tbsp olive oil + additional for drizzling
- 2 tsp smoked paprika, divided
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt + additional as needed
- 11/2-2 cups unsalted tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup microgreens, for garnish
- 2 tbsp unsalted pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Trim stems of cauliflower heads so that cauliflower sits flat upright. Cut each cauliflower vertically into two ¾-inch-thick steaks, making 4 steaks total. (Reserve remaining cauliflower for another use.) Arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together oil, 1 tsp paprika, pepper and salt; brush half of mixture over cauliflower. Roast for 10 minutes. Turn and brush with remaining oil mixture; roast until tender and golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce, remaining 1 tsp smoked paprika and additional salt as needed; heat on low until warmed. Place 1 cauliflower steak on each plate and garnish with microgreens, pine nuts and sesame seeds. Drizzle each with additional oil.
Ingredients, Directions & Image From cleaneatingmag.com