**This recipe serves 4
- 2 Tbs. sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz. pappardelle
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 1 cup asparagus, cut on the diagonal into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup snap peas, cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 oz. mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup microgreens, arugula or pea shoots
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, transfer to the bowl with the dressing, and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, combine 1 Tbs. butter and 1 Tbs. olive oil over medium-high heat until the butter is melted. Add the carrots, asparagus, and onions, and cook until the carrots and asparagus are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add the snap peas and cook until bright green, about 1 minute more. Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with the pasta.
- Add the remaining butter and olive oil, and heat over medium heat until the butter melts. Add the shallots, celery seed, and a generous pinch of cayenne, and cook until the shallots are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 2 tsp. garlic and cook for another 15 seconds. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil; cook until it’s reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Lower the heat to medium low and whisk in the mascarpone, whisking until the cheese is dissolved into the broth. Continue to cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes more.
- Return the pasta and vegetables to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the dill and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, toss with the microgreens, and serve immediately.
Ingredients, Directions & Image From finecooking.com