Bacon, lettuce, tomato—who came up with this winning combination? Let's switch it up for party purposes and take the basic formula to new foodie levels. This mini BLT's starring ingredients—speck, microgreens, and cherry tomato—play together on focaccia.
- 8 Slices of speck prosciutto
- Focaccia (12-inch square)
- Spicy mayo (see below)
- Arugula or Broccoli microgreens
- Cherry tomato, sliced into rounds
For the spicy mayo:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs sriracha
- ½ tsp lime zest
- 1⁄4 tsp organic garlic salt
- Crisp the speck: Spray coat a heavy pan with oil. Fry strips briefly, about 1 min each side, to just crisp. Cut each slice into 3 pieces.
- Make the spicy mayo: Whisk together all of the mayo ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut focaccia into 1-inch squares, then slice in half horizontally to create the top and bottom.
- On each half of the focaccia bread, slather the spicy mayo then top with microgreens and a slice of tomato.
- Fold the speck to fit bread, fit in between the two halves and secure with a toothpick.
Ingredients, Directions & Image From hobnobmag.com
Leave a comment