This salad is lovely as a lighter lunch or dinner, but can also be enjoyed with other more filling ingredients such as tofu, chickpeas, tempeh, rice or quinoa.
prep time: 20 minutes
cooking time: 5 minutes
total time: 25 minutes
yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp light miso
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 kale leaves, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 4 mini cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
- Add cashews to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Add water and peas to a small saucepan. Turn heat to high and cook until the peas are bright green and tender.
- Drain and transfer the peas to a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Prepare dressing by draining and rinsing the cashews.
- Add cashews to a high speed blender along with basil, water, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, miso and salt.
- Blend until smooth. If you are having a hard time blending all the ingredients together, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water and blend again.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Transfer kale to a large bowl. Add dressing and massage using your hands for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the salad.
- Divide the kale and peas between two bowls. Add cucumbers, green onions and microgreens.
- Top with black sesame seeds (if using).
- Enjoy immediately.
Ingredients, Directions & Image From muriellebanackissa.com
Leave a comment