I have never encountered a taco I didn’t like. In my mind, tacos may be the perfect food. The combinations are endless, they’re suitable for every meal — and they almost always require eating with your hands. What’s not to love?
I love fresh taco fillings and the combination of microgreens and avocado is a real winner.
- 1/2 cup black lentils
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 avocado, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup mixed microgreens
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 to 6 corn tortillas
- 1 to 2 ounces cotija, feta or goat cheese
- Minced cilantro, garnish
- Rinse the lentils. Place them in a sauce pan with the broth, minced chipotle, 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, lime juice, salt, cumin and coriander.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer; cover and cook until lentils are tender but not mushy, 22 to 25 minutes. Taste and add more adobo sauce, if you’d like more heat.
- Combine the avocado and microgreens. In a small bowl, beat together lime juice, honey and olive oil.
- Pour over the microgreens and avocado, tossing until greens are coated. Divide the lentil mixture among the tortillas.
- Top with the avocado salad, crumbled cheese and minced cilantro.
Ingredients, Directions & Image From naturallyella.com and mercurynews.com
Leave a comment