Our Grow Your Own Microgreens Salad Mix Kit is one of our all-time best sellers! And for good reason.... it brings together some amazing miniature vegetable greens that are a fantastic addition to any salad or meal (like Peas, Fava Beans, Buckwheat, and Sunflower Shoots) and it's flavour profile is incredible :)
Microgreen Starter Kit
If you're a newbie to microgreens and gardening or simply want to try something new. This is honestly a great place to start because it comes with everything you need to start growing your own Microgreens from the comfort of your home (all year-round). Plus, the micro greens themselves are ready to eat in only 1-2 weeks.
The 5 Piece Kit itself includes the following components:
- Minimalist White Growing Tray (9" x 4" x 2") with a convenient lid for sprouting seeds. The plastic tray is reusable and is made from BPA-Free Plastic
- Organic Microgreen Seeds of the following varieties: Peas, Fava Beans, Buckwheat, and Sunflower. We only use Organic, Non-GMO Microgreen seeds and we source directly from a Canadian seed supplier. And the kit comes with enough seeds to grow 4 crops worth!
- 1 Mister/Spray Bottle for watering your plants
- Nutrient Rich Soil Pellets (Made from Canadian Sphagnum Peat)
- Easy Growing Instructions. We provide really easy-to-follow instructions that lead you through how to use the soil, plant the seeds, water the microgreens, and when to harvest them. Even if you don’t have any gardening experience, the instructions card is very easy to follow and understand!
Attractive, Reusable Grow Tray
A really awesome feature of all of our Microgreen Grow Kits is that each one comes with a Minimalist White Growing Tray. It's sleek and subtle in design, measuring 9" x 4" x 2" so that it can easily fit on your windowsill or countertop or shelf space without being an eye sore. Since it's a clean, white colour and geometrically shaped, it actually blends in and complements most home decors. Most importantly, unlike other microgreen kits you'll find on the market, this one comes with a convenient lid for sprouting/germinating the seeds.
What do Microgreens Taste Like?
What's really unique with this kit is the variety and range of flavours that come from incorporating four different types of Microgreens into one amazing kit.
- Peas: They have a sweet taste just like young snow pea pods. You may find that they have a slightly more beany taste but they, in essence, taste just like regular peas. The only difference is that they're shaped in cress-like form!
- Fava Beans: The shoots have a delicious fresh bean taste. They are lovely in salads or you can add them at the last minute to risottos or stir fries – use them in similar ways to pea shoots.
- Buckwheat (aka Buckwheat Lettuce): Surprisingly, you’ll find that they have a mild tangy flavor with a bit of citrus.
- Sunflower: This is probably one of the best tasting microgreens around. Sunflower shoots have a wonderfully nutty flavor and a crunchy texture. These little plants are an awesome addition to salads, soups, sandwiches, scrambled eggs, wraps, and more!
Microgreen Health Benefits
This Microgreen Salad Blend is rich in a wide array of vitamins and minerals so we've provided a full breakdown by microgreen type below:
- Pea Microgreens: Good source of vitamin C, B6, thiamin, magnesium, copper, manganese, and a great source of potassium.
- Fava Bean Microgreens: Rich in vitamins B1, B6, C, and folate. They also contain a full spectrum of minerals such as iron, copper, manganese, potassium, selenium, calcium, and magnesium. Plus, fava beans are 28% protein and just 3% fat!
- Buckwheat Microgreens: Good source of vitamin B6, iron, calcium, magnesium, chlorophyll, and essential amino acids.
- Sunflower Microgreens: Excellent source of vitamins B6 and E, calcium, iron, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, fiber, and a great source of protein.
Interested in trying the Microgreens Salad Kit?
All of our micro green kits can be used to enhance your salads and meals by adding microgreens that you can grow yourself!